Monday, June 21, 2010

We never learn unless we fail

The speaker, Steven James, said that at a writer's conference. I have to agree.
I just wish I didn't have to.

Busy Girl Boo-boos I'll Never Repeat:

First, I wrote a sweet article for a chicken soup book. I read it to my critique group. They loved it. Only a few changes needed. I set it aside while finishing the edits of my novel and book proposal. When I came up for air I found out I had missed the deadline for the article!

I'll never do that again.

The writer's conference was supremely encouraging. An editor expressed interest in my novel. I gave her my book proposal and sample chapters only to discover when I got home that I had sent a partially edited copy!

I'll never do that again.

That's it. I am going to sleep!




No comments: